These pinwheels are so easy to put together, so delicious and are the perfect party appetizers.
And in the spirit of holidays, I chose to make them with holiday colors of green and red -- making them the perfect holiday pinwheels!
1) Make (or buy) basil pesto - grind together basil leaves, olive oil, parmesan cheese, roasted pine nuts, one clove of garlic, salt & pepper - set aside
2) Make sundried tomato pesto - grind together sundried tomatoes (I used once packed in oil), a clove of garlic, parmesean cheese, salt - set aside
3) Thaw puff pastry dough per package instructions. Each package contains 2 sheets. One sheet will give you about 10 pinwheels.
4) Generously flour a large cutting board or work surface, spread the puff pastry dough. Spread basil pesto on the bottom half of pasty in a thin and even layer (leaving half an inch of each side bare to roll). Spread thin and even layer of sundried tomato pesto on the other half, again leaving about half an inch on each sides bare for rolling.
5) roll the sheet from one side upwards making a log. Gently press the edges to seal. Using a shap chef's knife cut about 10 pinwheels.
6) On a pre-heated 375F oven, bake on a parchment paper lined baking sheet for 10-12 mins.
7) Remove from oven and serve hot.